Dear Madams, dear Sirs,
The EBAC Meeting with Providers and Sponsors 2020 is going to take place on May 14, 2020 at 11am as a virtual meeting via Zoom.
Please register via email@example.com and you will be provided with the Zoom-link and login details one day prior to the meeting.
this is a message to all those, who, in times of the Corona crisis, have planned to organize a live educational meeting in the near future, and now try to convert the educational content to an e-learning module.
EBAC has a longstanding experience in accreditation of independent e-learning (incl. accreditation of micro-e-learning) and would like to offer you all support needed to successfully achieve conversion of your live meetings to accredited distance learning material.
EBAC offers you the following options for conversion:
- Webinar: this will be handled analogous to a live meeting. Provider has to identify participants and track participation to award EBAC certificates.
- Studio recording of the presentations, offered as distance learning material. This will be valid for 1 year, renewal possible. Each module has to go with 6 multiple choice questions (MCQ) – of which at least 4 have to be answered correctly. The provider has to identify participants and track participation to award EBAC certificates.
- Micro-e-learning: similar to 2., for more detailed information please click here.
the Covid-19 pandemic is stretching societies and in particular health care workers globally. The unforeseen challenge of this pandemic now makes it an ethical obligation for physicians, nurses and all others working in health care to deliver care to Covid-19 patients, and help to stop further spread of the infection.
In our view, this unescapable obligation implies that for a time period of unknown duration travel, as well as live meetings of whatever size, cannot be justified solely for the purposes of continuing medical education. Thus, EBAC is in full support of all providers who now postpone or even cancel planned live educational meetings. EBAC will do everything to facilitate unbureaucratic re-accreditation once the activity has been rescheduled. Please do not hesitate to contact the EBAC office in case of further questions in this regard.
The next EBAC Meeting with Providers and Sponsors will take place on May 14th, 2020 (Thursday) from 11am till 4pm at Sheraton Hotel at Frankfurt Airport (Germany).
We are looking forward to discuss current issues in accrediation and share experiences in CME.
Please let us know whether you would personally be interested in participating or if you think another representative would be interested in meeting with EBAC. If you have any questions or would like to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
An agenda will be circulated and published soon!
Looking forward to meeting you in Frankfurt!
EBAC has started CME accreditation in 2001, and has so far exclusively practiced activity accreditation.
EBAC, in agreement with its parent organisation ECSF, now has started to also offer provider accreditation to allow providers to establish a culture of learning, and develop their unique profile.
EBAC and AMA have decided to enter into an agreement on conversion of CME credit points.
Following mutual recognition of accreditation systems between EBAC and the Accreditation Council for CME (ACCME) in 2015, EBAC has already started to offer to ACCME accredited providers to convert CME credits for European participants in American CME activities.
The decision of the AMA now makes this process reciprocal, and constitutes a cornerstone in making substantial equivalency between accreditation systems relevant to learners.
The presentations of CCC18 are now available online:
The CCC18 dealt with “What our data tells us: about value, providers, activities, and learners” and has gathered accreditors as well as providers from all over the globe to discuss
- Why accreditation of CME matters to regulators, featuring presentations from Canada, the US, and CPME (Comité Permanent des Médecins Européens) describing the complex scenario in Europe
- How different accreditation systems have been established (provider/activity/hybrid accreditation), what they have achieved, and which challenges they are facing; incl. presentations from Germany, Austria, European Specialty Accreditation Boards, the US, and Canada
This is a kind reminder of the next EBAC Meeting with Providers and Sponsors, to be held on June 6, 2019, 11 am, at Sheraton Airport Hotel, Frankfurt (DE). On the following day (June 7th, 2019, 10am- 4pm) EBAC is going to organise the 1st EBAC Provider Training. This meeting aims to convene all providers who already have agreed or are interested to become an accredited provider, and will address the concept as well as practical issues of provider accreditation.
This is to invite you to the next
EBAC Meeting with Providers and Sponsors
June 6th, 2019, 11am-4pm
Sheraton Airport Hotel
Tentative tops on the agenda might be
- accreditation of micro-e-learning
- accreditation of inter-professional education
- provider accreditation
- EBAC initiative “Certification of Professional Competence”